Monday, April 11, 2011

Introduction

Hello everyone!

The purpose of this blog is to follow my progression on creating an arduino controlled sentry robot, which will be mainly used to demo the platform in my school. The robot is still in very early phase, but here's some basic facts about it.

The frame is from an old radio-controlled bot, which I bought from a friend. It has two wheelchair motors, lead-acid batteries and kégresse tracks. With full batteries and tracks on, it weighs about 120 kilograms. Drive system will be two IFI Victor 883 Speed controllers, which can handle up to 200A surges at 24V. They work with standard servo pulse, so it shouldn't be to much of a problem to pair them with arduino board.

At first, my aim is to make it simply follow a line painted in the floor, possibly sending webcam feed when sensing something odd. As arduino is not good for hi-rate data transfer, I have an old eeePC, which I might put as a webcam server in the bot.

This project is partially based on robot course by Tero Karvinen, http://botbook.com & HAAGA-HELIA University of Applied Sciences.


No comments:

Post a Comment